Happy Quarantine Times to everyone. Now that the shock of everything closing down has settled a bit hopefully we can all fall into a rhythm. Today I have some updates and also a short workout video, ahhh!
- The 75 Hard goes on: I got to about day 15 and then decided to have a couple glasses of wine with a friend. It wasn’t a moment of weakness, it was just like, eff it, my friend is more important. So I started over and I think I’m on day 7. Honestly, #quarantinelife makes doing this challenge really easy. Drinking a gallon of water every day? Easy. Walking outside for 45 minutes every day? Easy. Reading 10 pages? Definitely easy. So maybe someone else reading this will also want to give it a go?
- The 75 Hard “Diet”: The diet aspect of the 75 hard is the most puzzling for me because you get to create your own rules. My “diet” if you will is to eat a whole foods, plant based diet. Once again, quarantine life makes it pretty easy to eat healthy because I’m just home cooking my own food.
- Favorite things about quarantine life: Not having to meal prep! I think I’ve been packing lunches and snacks since Junior High so this is the first time in my life that I can make lunch…when it’s lunch time. My second favorite thing is being able to do a random load of laundry in the middle of a weekday. I’d say spending time with Rocco is a favorite but he spends most of the day looking out his window.
- Least favorite things about quarantine life: I miss seeing the people I like. Duh.
- Yoga Teacher Training: I haven’t mentioned on here that I started a 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training back in February and I have been beyond impressed with how seamlessly they transitioned to all online. They already recorded and streamed all the classes so they made the change look easy. I feel so grateful I happened to choose this training over doing an immersion course in another country. I’m doing the training through InBody Academy in Salt Lake City. In my opinion, the instructors are a real collection of the best of the best in Utah. Oh and it’s a Yoga Therapy program which is right up my alley in terms of being able to help people with physical injuries or mental health.
I filmed a little workout video and I will continue to film more.
Alright, that’s all for now, I hope you enjoy the video!