Wow, here it is the middle of July already! The summer if flying by as always! We’ve been having a busy and good (for the most part) summer.
We took a trip to Crested Butte, Colorado for a long 4th of July weekend. Rocco went kayaking and swimming in a lake! I have some great videos and photos to share as soon as I get my act together.
We also got new countertops in our kitchen and installed a backsplash ourselves! It’s not quite done yet but as soon as it is I’ll post the before and after photos.
This week Rocco has been having a really scary health crisis. We weren’t sure if he was going to make it for a while but things are looking up for the little guy now! We don’t know what happened to him but we think he got bit by a spider. I’ll share more details later but he’s getting stronger by the hour and acting more like his old self.
But really today I just HAVE to share this recipe because it really is that good and I 100% recommend giving it a try! I’ve seen cauliflower pizza crust recipes circulating the interwebs for months so I know this is nothing new, but I just now got around to trying it and it wasn’t as complicated as I thought it would be! It was actually pretty fast and easy. I am definitely making it again this weekend. Of course it doesn’t taste like bread, but it does taste really good and it’s a different way to eat vegetables which can be nice if, like me, you tend to eat the same thing day after day.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (makes one large pizza)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven or BBQ grill to 450˚F and line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper.
- Place the califlower in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, oregano, cheese, salt and pepper together. Then, in a large bowl combine the cooled cauliflower and egg mixture until combined.
- Place the mixture on to your prepared baking sheet or pizza stone and use your hands to spread the dough into a thin, even, pizza shaped layer.
- Bake in the oven or grill for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Top with my favorite pesto or sauce of your choice and grilled vegetables (or whatever you like to put on pizza).
- Return pizza to the oven or grill for a few more minutes until everything is heated through.
That’s it! Of course pizza toppings are endless but my favorite toppings are zucchini, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and carrots.
Enjoy your weekend!