How has this never happened? How have I never put out a gear guide?! In our house, we love gear. Researching it, testing it and of course, finding the best price on it! I compiled a list of my absolute favorite fitness gear. Not just stuff I’ve tried but items that I buy over and over again because I really use them and/or wear them out!
1. Brooks Adrenaline GTS Running Shoe for moderate pronators. I’ve had at least 4 pair of these so I obviously like them a lot. I do pronate and these offer good support. You can get them from Zappos or runningwarehouse.com. Occasionally (like right now) you can get last seasons colors for CHEAP at http://www.6pm.com. I always check 6pm first before paying full price for running shoes. Make sure you know your size before ordering though because I don’t think they accept returns.
2. Garmin Forerunnin 15 GPS Watch. This is my newest fitness doo-dad and I really love it. It was a bit of a splurge for me but I have wanted a GPS watch for a long time. I like that this one is very small, comes in several colors and is actually pretty feminine without being pink. You can get it with or without a heart rate monitor strap. I chose to not get the heart rate strap because I feel like I have a pretty good idea of when my heart feels like it’s about to explode 🙂 The GPS is really accurate and only takes a few seconds to find it’s location.
3. Chi Running App. Best $3.99 I ever spent! This app has changed my life. It’s like having a running coach on your arm. Start your run and the owner of Chi Running is by your side reminding you to how to run properly without getting injured. Bonus: it has a metronome included and it tracks your distance/route/time etc. The app also has training videos you can watch to improve your running form.
4. Lululemon Run Swiftly Racerback Tank. Contrary to popular belief I really do not buy much from lululemon. Back in the day I did for sure. But now their stuff is just meh. This tank is by far my favorite running/workout top and I’m very picky. The material is light, comes in tons of colors and it doesn’t “cling” (i.e. it doesn’t stick to love handles).
5. Lululemon All Sport Bra. Ok, fine, another lululemon item. I got hooked on this bra about 5 years ago and it’s still my favorite. I have 4 of them now, including 2 that are 5 years old. So yeah, they hold up, they are comfortable and they do what they are supposed to do.
6. Sol Republic Relays In Ear Headphones. I used to exclusively use cheap headphones. I got used to them falling out of my ears, hurting my ears because they were too big and the poor sound quality in general. Luckily I have a nice husband who did a ton of research and picked up a set of these for me. He liked them so much he got himself a pair too! They come with 4 different sized ear pieces from tiny to large. They are super comfortable, AND they actually stay IN your ear when running. A little pricey but worth it.
7. SUUNTO Ambit2 Saphire. Ok, this is not my gear. It’s my husbands but I’m including in my Official Gear Guide because he loves it so much. I would probably have one too but the watch is pretty large and it would take up the majority of my forearm. I kid. This watch does everything. GPS, compass, barometer, altimeter, heart rate monitor, dishwasher, can opener and tons of other stuff I don’t know about.
8. Fitbit Flex. I’ve had my fitbit for a couple years now and in my opinion it’s still the best fitness tracker on the market (although I think it’s overpriced considering how little it does compared to the newer trackers). I think the basic flex is the best because the newer, fancier ones just don’t look durable and the reviews are pretty poor. I also have the fitbit scale and I like that it syncs to my fitbit “dashboard” so I can keep track of all my nerdy stuff in one place and track my nutrition if I choose.
9. Brooks Cascadia Trail Running Shoe. Oh these are just the best! I think this shoe wins every award for Best Trail Running Shoe and I agree 🙂 I don’t have the newest style yet (pictured above) but I’m hoping they go on sale soon!
10. Lululemon Run: Speed Shorts. Yeah, yeah, another lululemon item. I used to only run in running skirts which are cute for sure, but they can also be hot since they have more material. A couple years ago I went out on a HUGE limb (for me) and got a pair of these shorts. My body stayed so much cooler running in these shorts that now I’ve retired almost all my skirts and I have 4 pairs of these shorts. Lululemon always has tons of cute colors too. #bonus.
That’s my gear guide! I’ll be back soon with a beauty & fashion guide! How exciting!